Is la chamba cookware safe? Let’s find out.
- Stovetop, oven, microwave and open flame safe.
- La Chamba cookware is made with handmade volcanic clay which is free from harmful chemicals.
- Dishwasher safe (not recommend)
- Induction safe.
- La Chamba cookware broke if dropped on the floor.
- Scratch not resistant.
- Keep the flame low while using this cookware on the ceramic stove top.
- Use a heat diffuser on electric ranges to prevent food burning.
- Hand washing is recommended
- Not using metal or abrasive pads for cleaning, can be scratch on the cookware.
What is Chamba cookware?
Chamba cookware is a unique type of cookware that has been used in East Africa for centuries. It is made from a mixture of clay and cow dung, providing a natural non-stick coating. The pots are fired at high temperatures to create their signature glossy finish, making them durable enough to withstand the heat of cooking without cracking or breaking. Chamba cookware is perfect for cooking stews and soups because it retains heat and cooks food evenly. In addition, Chamba cookware can be left out in the rain without fear of rusting or being damaged by water. And finally, because they’re so easy to clean up after use, there’s no need to worry about scrubbing.
What are Chamba pots?
La Chamba pots are a type of handmade pottery from Colombia. The indigenous people make them in the town of La Chamba, and they play an essential role in Colombian culture. For example, La Chamba pots have been used for cooking various foods for centuries, but they are most commonly associated with making mole sauce.
The handmade process begins when the clay is mixed with lime, water, and sand. This mixture is then kneaded into a doughy consistency before being shaped into balls. These balls are placed on top of a fire pit, baked until they reach the desired color. After baking, the pots are washed and polished using stones and other tools. Finally, they are glazed and painted with designs and symbols.
For centuries, the authentic, distinctive, and delicious dishes prepared in La Chamba village using traditional black clay pots have been enjoyed. The process is detailed as each handmade product with local clays by hand before being fired on-site to ensure quality standards are met; this gives the final product an incredible flavor not found anywhere else!
Types of la Chamba pots
- La Chamba Black Clay Pottery.
- Soup Pot with Lid.
- Casserole Dishes with Lid.
- Oval Roasters with Lid.
- Hen Pots.
- Rectangular Baking Dish.
- Oval Platter with Handles.
- Saute Pan with Handle.
How is La Chamba cookware made?
La Chamba cookware is a unique product made up of volcanic clay. It is also known for Colombian clay cookware. The La Chamba people have a centuries-old tradition of crafting clay cooking pots and tiles ubiquitous throughout their land. La Chamba cookware is made with natural materials that are smooth and do not require any special care.
La Chamba cookware is a unique type of pottery handcrafted in Colombia. One of them is black clay cookware. It is black in color cookware. Black clay Chamba cookware is known for its heat retention and durability. It keeps the food warm for a long time.
La Chamba pots are perfect for slow cooking and simmering, and they can be used on the stovetop or in the oven. Compatible with almost all cooktops, including induction and gas stoves. It also works well with indirect heat.
How do you use La Chamba cookware?
La Chamba cookware is a unique type of pottery made in Colombia. It is used for many different purposes, such as cooking, serving, and making traditional dishes. Acidity in food is a common problem for some people, and this cookware helps keep your food fresh and tasty.
It is also great for keeping food hot and warm. You can even use it for baking bread and cookies. If you’re looking for an exciting way to add some Latin flair to your kitchen, La Chamba cookware is the perfect option.
How to use La Chamba pots
- Cooking with La Chamba pots is easy and fun.
- Heat the pot on medium-high heat, add oil and wait for it to get hot.
- Add ingredients and start cooking.
- Also, take the pot outside for cooking on a barbecue or in an oven.
- La Chamba pots have a broad base that allows you to place your food on top without having it slide off.
- They have a lid that keeps your food hot while keeping out any moisture.
La Chamba bowls
- Fill the bowl with water and heat it on medium-high for about 5 minutes or until boiling.
- Add your food, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- To clean, rinse in warm soapy water.
- Dry thoroughly and store it.
La Chamba Saute Pan
- Preheat the pan on medium heat for 3-5 minutes, add oil and wait until it starts bubbling.
- Add your ingredients and stir them around to distribute them in the pan evenly.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes or until desired doneness is reached.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Is La Chamba cookware dishwasher safe?
La Chamba is a Colombian company that produces a variety of items for the kitchen. La Chamba cookware is dishwasher safe. You can place your La Chamba pots and pans in the dishwasher. However, when washing them in the dishwasher, you need to be careful not to be too packed when putting them on the top rack.
They should be half-filled at most, or else they will get knocked over by other dishes and glasses that are loaded next to them on the shelf. La Chamba’s cookware is not recommended to be used in the dishwasher because it may scratch and dull its surface over time from being washed by abrasive cleaning agent residue from your dishes.
If you want to keep your La Chamba pots looking like new, use a pot protector or place them on top of a drying mat after washing with soap and water, or hand washes them with mild detergent.
la Chamba pottery baking dish
La Chamba pottery baking dish is an all-natural, handcrafted clay oven made in Colombia. It is perfect for making bread, pizzas, and more! The baking dish comes with a heavy-duty handle on top so you can take it straight from the oven to your table. Professionals in restaurants around the world have used this pan. It is excellent for baking at home because of its low heat retention. You will love this cooking tool!
Uses of la Chamba pottery baking dish
- Bake pizza crusts or any other type of flatbreads
- Make breads like baguettes, ciabatta, focaccia etc.
- Make tortillas
- Make lasagna
- Make quiches
- Make cakes
- Make cookies
- Make pies
- Make crepes
- Make pancakes
- Make waffles
- Make French toast
- Make fritters
- Make pasta dishes
- Make rice
How to cure la Chamba cookware
1) Wash well with soap and water.
2) Dry thoroughly.
3) Bake at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes or until dry.
4) Store in a cool place.
5) Use within six months of purchase.
6) Do not wash with detergent.
7) To clean, wipe with a damp cloth.
8) Avoid using abrasive cleaners.
9) If necessary, re-season.
Cure la Chamba cookware is very important because it helps prevent food from sticking to the surface. Therefore, it is recommended that you season the pans after every use. Seasoning consists of applying a thin layer of oil, then rub the seasoning into the surface with your fingers. It is essential to rub the seasoning into the entire surface. This will ensure that the pan retains its non-stick properties for extended periods.